LASTED UPDATED 23 JANUARY 2021
© Copyright DiPERK Power Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Finning International Inc. retains all copyrights in any text, and logos, graphic or other images owned by DiPERK Power Solutions Inc. and hereby authorizes you to electronically copy documents published herein solely for the purpose of transmitting or viewing the information. You may not mirror, modify or otherwise alter any files in this website for rebroadcast, print the information contained therein or hide the ownership and authorship of the information without written permission from DiPERK Power Solutions Inc. Except as expressly provided above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any DiPERK Power Solutions Inc. intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent and trademark.
DiPERK Power Solutions Inc. provides this Web Site and the information available through this Web Site as a convenience for its customers and others. DiPERK Power Solutions Inc., its employees, contractors, and agents, and their respective service providers, make no express or implied representation, warranty or condition of title, non-infringement, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, performance or durability; or that the information available through this Web Site will be accurate, complete, or timely, and disclaim all such representations, warranties and conditions to the full extent permitted by law. DiPERK Power Solutions Inc., its employees, contractors, and agents, and their respective service-providers, will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage arising from, connected with, or relating to your use of this Web Site or the information available through this Web Site.
DIPERK POWER SOLUTIONS INC.’S
DiPerk Power Solutions Inc. (“DiPerk”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”) is committed to transparency in the collection and use of your personal information.
Collection and Use of Information
The Website provides information to you about DiPerk’s dealers, products, and product support. In the course of providing you with the information on the Website, DiPerk may collect personal information about you. The term “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, including name, address, email address, signature, and other information relating to an individual.
We may collect personal information when you:
- Submit a Dealer Application: If you apply for a dealer application, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as name, email, company, and address. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application.
- Sign-up for DiPerk’s Communications: We may offer you the ability to sign-up to receive updates or other communications through our Website or on third party websites (including through social media sites). If you sign-up, we collect certain personal information (such as first and last name and email address) which we use to send you email and other communications containing DiPerk’s updates and other content that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving promotional email from us by following the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your email, or by contacting us as set out below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional and account-related electronic messages from us.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, email address, mailing address, postal code and phone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our programs, services and events.
Disclosure of Information
We may transfer or disclose information as follows:
- Service Provider Arrangements: In connection with our Website or the programs we provide, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to process payments, host our website and store information on our behalf. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Personal information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers in the US and Canada and may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities as required under the laws of those jurisdictions.
- Partnership Arrangements: From time to time, we may partner with third parties to provide services related to our mandate. With your consent, we may exchange certain personal information with these third parties.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law or legal process. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Safeguarding and Retention of Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to your personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
Access to Personal Information
You have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Cookies and Additional Information about our Websites
Visiting our Websites: In general, you can visit our Websites without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Websites and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Websites. We use this information to help us understand activity on our Websites and to monitor and improve our Websites.
Tracer Tags & Web Beacons: Our Websites may also use a technology called "tracer tags" or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Websites. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our Websites for you and other future visitors to our Websites.
Third Party Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over, do not review and are not responsible for the privacy policies of or content displayed on such other websites. When you click on such a link, you will leave our Website and go to another site. During this process, another entity may collect personal information from you.
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the Websites, plug-in or application. For example, if you chose to sign-in to the Website through Facebook, you may authorize us to collect certain information from your Facebook profile. When you provide information from your social media account, we may use this information to personalize your experience on the Website and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, and to provide you with other programs or services you may request.
Please contact our Privacy Officer if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information, or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.
You may contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address:
Finning International Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
Edmonton, AB T5P 4P6
Last updated: August 7, 2020